• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Birthday Makeover

My niece had a makeover for her birthday and I was called on for photos. In post, I decided to try a few new things because I think kids respond better to images with more stimulation in them. So, this image is a product of quite a bit of post-processing consisting mainly of high-contrast, slight blur and pinkish tinting along with the obvious texturing.

I know the pose is not ideal, but this is the one where I managed to coax a smile out of her. I'm mainly looking for feedback on the post-processing:

page.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I wrote but somehow didn't load the reply! Who else does that!

This picture is a great opening for your niece and she should now be happy to work with you. There needs to be trust as young woman can have a huge anxiety about appearance and really shun photographs. Unfortunately, all the magazines show fantasy models whose features have been sculpted and skin perfected way beyond reality. However much you tell students that, the culture still looks for that fabulous look as the standard by which they judge themselves.

So I'd get her to pose for you on a regular basis and that will be beneficial to both of you.

I'm sure she feels good about what you have done. She does look as if she is a bundle of hugs and kisses. Good job!

I think you'll find that just one umbrella and a 4'x8' white foam core background and some flowers for her to hold will put her in a delightful mood. That attention will make her cooperative.

Asher