• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No words..Just images

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
U25074I1424910272.SEQ.2.jpg

U25074I1424910271.SEQ.0.jpg

Mike,

A treat to have you back! This is great architecture and the two figures, almost lost in the otherwise empty church are in a small bubble of private space just for themselves

....but where is it?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Well, one of them have appeared else where in OPF, but for another topic, I think it does "speak" well for a no word request ; )

NCZ_2474-Bouche.jpg

NCZ_2474-eye-774.jpg

Asher Kelman

Michael,

I am thrilled to see this capture of what must have been a fleeting moment. amazing that your camera was ready to get the figure in the distance waving to the passing cyclist.

On reflection, you could have also framed well with the cyclist entering the picture on the left. Somehow, this version above shows that the statue is not only greeting him, "Hello!" but also "Bis zum nächsten Mal"

Asher

Asher

Asher Kelman

For sure, James, I have no idea how the tree came to be growing such large umbrellas! Remarkable that the women are oblivious!

You're not the type of fellow to manipulate us and paste umbrellas in trees, so I guess the wind blew them there or someone has a great sense of humor and artistry!

...or perhaps, just one umbrella was wind-borne and you captured a sequence and overlaid the separate frames?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

A surprising picture of a rather infamous enemy! This is, unfortunately, hardly my first view of this widely found plant. In English this is a nettle. This was the constant downside risk of my childhood searches in overgrown areas for wild berries - I felt the effects before I saw what stung me!

There are many Spanish references to it's use as a medicine! It's also popular among the English Speaking folk too. No less than WebMD has an article on its medicinal uses!

Asher

For sure, James, I have no idea how the tree came to be growing such large umbrellas! Remarkable that the women are oblivious!

You're not the type of fellow to manipulate us and paste umbrellas in trees, so I guess the wind blew them there or someone has a great sense of humor and artistry!

...or perhaps, just one umbrella was wind-borne and you captured a sequence and overlaid the separate frames?

Asher

Asher, I believe it is an art piece (the umbrellas are actually red) called the 'Rainblossom' Project.

Did you surmise that - then go on to do one of your famous "Sherlock-Holmes-quality" Goggle searches to hunt it down?

Asher

Yes! LOL., you know me well. ha!

I thought it might be.. did a Google search for umbrellas in trees art project and there it was #1! As soon as I saw the site, I recognized the tree as being one of the trees in the project. This is the second year they do it. Pretty cool, if you ask me. :)
Maggie
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/03/rainblossom-umbrellas-return-trees-spanish-banks/

James Lemon

Asher

Yes! LOL., you know me well. ha!

I thought it might be.. did a Google search for umbrellas in trees art project and there it was #1! As soon as I saw the site, I recognized the tree as being one of the trees in the project. This is the second year they do it. Pretty cool, if you ask me. :)
Maggie
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/03/rainblossom-umbrellas-return-trees-spanish-banks/

Hello Asher, Maggie

Good investigative work Maggie. Now you and Asher know all about it. I thought it was just more stunts from the students at the University

Best, regards

James

James Lemon

Antonio,

A surprising picture of a rather infamous enemy! This is, unfortunately, hardly my first view of this widely found plant. In English this is a nettle. This was the constant downside risk of my childhood searches in overgrown areas for wild berries - I felt the effects before I saw what stung me!

There are many Spanish references to it's use as a medicine! It's also popular among the English Speaking folk too. No less than WebMD has an article on its medicinal uses!

Asher

Hi

I don't have a spleen I wonder if this plant could help me in some way?

James

fahim mohammed

James.

Thank you for the kind words. The image was made in Morocco, of people living in an area marked for
Redevelopment.

I very much liked your ' umbrellas in trees ' image. Excellent catch..and the folks add to it tremendously

Thank you for sharing with us.

You guys are posting some excellent work here!

Please keep it coming.

Hello Fahim

I am always intrigued by your fascinating work! Can you tell us a bit more about this image and where it was taken?

Best, regards
James