• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

aquila chrysaetos

Greetings,

wow, what a wealth of stunning photos in this forum section.

My humble first attempts at wildlife photograph, and some infos on the project:

http://www.goldeneagle.ie/project_details/index.html

jpeg_cmpr_Bob_eyeweb.jpg

Bob.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for the info on the eye. I thought the eye was rather dull!

Is this just a feature of most birds or just raptors?

Asher

BTW, let's limit frame size to reasonable so we don't gobble bandwidth which makes it slow to load!

Thanks for the info on the eye. I thought the eye was rather dull!

Is this just a feature of most birds or just raptors?

Asher

BTW, let's limit frame size to reasonable so we don't gobble bandwidth which makes it slow to load!

Hi Asher,

http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/courses/vet_eyes/conotes/con_chapter_5.html

I am not an expert in that field, but to my knowledge, "The third eyelid", called membrana nictitans in Opthalmology, and is found in reptils, most species of sharks, and birds to various degrees. Also sea lions, polar bears, beavers. and even cats and dogs, while you don't see it usually in your pet's eye under normal conditions.

Sorry about that size, I was playing around with a frame action, and I forgot to check the size. I tried to replace it, but the edit mode is not available anymore.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for the info on the 3rd eyelids. I think our troops need them in Iraq!

Asher

Re size of image, just replace your current image on your server with one with a different size or else send me the link to a new image and I'll edit the post for you!
'