• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Enhancing OPF: A Special Look at UV, IR and other non-visible light photography.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Every so often, someone adds a filter to the front of their standard lens or else gets a camera made or modified for photography beyond the visible parts of the spectrum. These interesting pictures get isolated and spread all over the place. So to do the effort invested full justice, it might be fun to have a place to easily locate information and experience on this fascinating part of photography.

I've asked Dr Klaus Schmitt to see if we can stimulate work in this fascinating area of photography. Imaging beyond visible light is so important nowadays in imaging to follow crop yields, disease. Multispectral imaging is important for science and the military as well as a lot of insects!

Klaus also happens to be a dedicated lens collector and mavin. So he's the right guy to help us with this effort. I do hope this will be a source of added pleasure and may spark your interest. If you actually purchased blocking filter or actually modified your camera, give the gear some validity and shoot! You cannot kill anyone with UV/IR photography and it's fun!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I hope you wll post your own pictures and nurture this corner.

Now do we need to build up a different esthetic for seeing and appreciating images with different colors?

B&Wi infrared is so dramatic and easily understood. What about mapped to color?

Asher