• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Let's hear it for M. Tapes!

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
I don't know what your future is looking like at the moment Michael with the purchase of RS by Adobe, but as someone who appreciates your support on the software and hardware you are involved in (Rawshooter/Whibal) I wish you the very best with all your future endevours.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael is a hard worker and he has established a large base of thankful customers. I'm sure that he will continue to provide service on eveything he sells. The WhiBal cards are especially valuable IMHO since they are actually water proof.

Have a model toss the card after a calibration shot in the pool and one recovers it unharmed at the end of the shoot. Try that with cardboard targets!

Yes, he'll continue to do well because he focuses on products that make sense and he can stand behind. However, it must be a lot of work!

Asher

GarethKitchener

I agree. Michael has been invaluable to RSE/RSP users over the last year or so through his input on the Pixmantec forums.

Gareth

Alain Briot

pro member
Ben Rubinstein said:
I don't know what your future is looking like at the moment Michael with the purchase of RS by Adobe...

Quite the opposite, it's RS who will be missing Michael. I think Michael is an asset to whoever he will be working with next.

Andrew Stannard

pro member
A big thumbs up to Michael from me as well.

There's been quite a few negative comments on the RSP forums recently, and the integrity and honesty with which Michael has made his posts is something we should all aspire to.

Andy.

Alain Briot

pro member
AndyS said:
A big thumbs up to Michael from me as well.
There's been quite a few negative comments on the RSP forums recently, and the integrity and honesty with which Michael has made his posts is something we should all aspire to.
Andy.

It's not easy to do. There's more to it than meets the eye...!

Michael Tapes

OPF Administrator/Moderator
Thanks to all. The web allows us to all learn from each other.

I sincerely appreciate the kind comments...

Denis de Gannes

Michael this is my first post here. I am spending some time here since the Pixmantec forum is a bit unproductive for me at this time. Still viewing but not posting much. Lots of info here for me to expand my knowledge of digital processing.
Keep up the good work. Denis.

Ross Stockwell

Denis - I agree ... the other site has degenerated into a lynch mob - lets hope the usual tone and thoughtful input returns ... but I have been quite happy with this site - this is much closer to the way it 'should be'.

And to Michael - you have taken on a 'thankless' task - much appreciated though ... I look forward to your usual thoughtful, intelligent advice and perspective going forward

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael,

I know for sure your worth! Thanks for your help with OPF. Also everytime I cailbrate my Eizo, I appreciate your guidance! Today I was copying a major piece of artwork in a gallery with unusul light and the pocket WhiBal came in handy. That is such a simple but clearly convienient and indestrctable invention that I'm getting dependant on.

I did post elsewhere the value of having a waterproof card when shooting models in the water!

Anyway, from all my experience, you are a creative guy who gets a job done and I for one appreciate your capabilities in many ways.

So from Munich, in the lobby stealing the wireless connection from the front desk, working at 100 degrees F, my greetings!

Asher

Michael Tapes

OPF Administrator/Moderator
Thanks Asher,

Your kind words are appreciated. A lot going on in my world since you left.

But reassuring that your Floating Whibal remains neutral :>)

Happy travels..