• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My first attempts at MF and scanning

Jerome Love

I recently picked up a Mamiya 645 1000s and some lenses from an estate sale. ($300 for everything!) So I've challenged myself to try more film and really test my exposure knowledge. Here the first few that I liked. NOTE: Not all are "photographically correct" I know. I've left space for a bit of "artistic licensing" : D

BlogFilm1.jpg

Fuji Astia 100

BlogFilm2.jpg

Fuji Astia 100, converted to Kodak HIE 750 Infrared with Exposure

BlogFilm3.jpg

Fuji Astia 100

BlogFilm4.jpg

Fuji Astia 100

Best,

Jerome Love
www.onelovephotography.net

Jerome, the pictures are not showig however the pictures are viewable in your blog.

I like the concept of the forth but it seems unfinished, comparing to the pictures on your website I wonder if this is intentional. And what kind of feedback you are looking for.

Did you go MF for the sake of experimenting or are you trying to achieve something you are not able to do with your digital gear. I for one am considering adding a Mamiya C330 kit to give it a go but also (trying!) to achieve the typcal sense of depth MF seems to be able to get.

Cudo's for starting such an photographic adventure!

regards, Martin

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
J I for one am considering adding a Mamiya C330 kit to give it a go but also (trying!) to achieve the typcal sense of depth MF seems to be able to get.
Martin,

This camera is simply amazing and the lenses are the sharpest out. Of course the lenses have two optics; one for the reflex viewfinder and the other for the film. So there is that "extra glass". However, since hardly anyone today has the faintest idea about the Mamiya C330, there is little interest in the inventory of cameras for sale. So it's a buyers market. At one time, before Hasselbald and Bronica were considered the must-have cameras for events, the C33 and C330 was the king.

Let me assure you that you will not be disappointed!

Asher

Daniel Buck

I've often wanted to pick up a TLR, never did though, I bet it would be fun! Might be fun for long exposures, since you could look through the camera while it's exposing. (I'm guessing?)

Martin,

This camera is simply amazing and the lenses are the sharpest out. Of course the lenses have two optics; one for the reflex viewfinder and the other for the film. So there is that "extra glass". However, since hardly anyone today has the faintest idea about the Mamiya C330, there is little interest in the inventory of cameras for sale. So it's a buyers market. At one time, before Hasselbald and Bronica were considered the must-have cameras for events, the C33 and C330 was the king.

Let me assure you that you will not be disappointed!

Asher

Thanks, Asher

Although it is a buyers market the pricing starts to become so low that the people who care for their camera's don't want to part from them anymore and the ones that are not cared for basically are not worth having ..

Guess it's a matter of time before one will be on my path. Thanks for the advice.

Martin