• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Helpful Hints/D.I.Y.: Are you having a sticky pointer on your MacBook Pro?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I took my 17" MacBook Pro laptop to the Genius Bar at the local Mac store and they repaired it by replacing the top the case.
I guess that's not a new screen, just the mouse touch pad aluminum case with the speaker grills surrounding the original old keyboard. That was a week ago but I only managed to collect it tonight!

I was told it was repaired and in passing said that I hoped they charged it. Well the kind technician, Nich, looked at it and discovered that the battery was expanded and was pressing up on the inside of the keypad mechanism! This battery is defective, we know that issue. Before long the key pad wont work!

I pointed out that that was exactly the issue. He gave me a new battery and let me know that the "repair" was not replacing the case but simply a normal battery!

I appreciate the open attitude of the Genius bar and the fact that I have been saved another disaster by having such a simple thing done as getting a fresh battery.

Now did you folks know that there was a defect in which the battery expands and interferes with the track pad? It was new to me, but hey, I can't possibly catch every single email I get! Still I thought it was good for everyone to be aware about.

Take 5 seconds and check if your Macbook Pro battery is expanded?

Asher