• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Vertical P45 collage

Alain Briot

pro member
The first vertical collage I did with the P45:

Beam-Panorama-1.jpg

This print is 10 feet high.

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Really like this image Alain - compared to many slot canyon pictures it seems to provide a better sense of the vertical scale. Having never had the chance to visit one I have no concept of their depth.

This image gives a great feeling of vertical depth, although without any human scale I still wouldn't like to judge (not that I am suggesting it needs someone posing in the foreground!)

I keep seeing silouhettes of faces in the rock sides, which makes me explore the image some more.

A question if you don't mind.....

What sort of place do images this size tend to get installed in? I struggle to imagine a detailed print this big, having only ever seen billboard-type-resolution images beyone a couple of feet wide.

Cheers,

Alain Briot

pro member
R
What sort of place do images this size tend to get installed in? I struggle to imagine a detailed print this big, having only ever seen billboard-type-resolution images beyone a couple of feet wide.

Andrew,

Good question. Here is one space in my new home where this print will fit. I just closed on it Friday so the print isn't installed yet but the recessed area in the stairway is 10 feet high and 4 feet wide:

10-foot-niche.jpg

The appropriateness of a print this size depends on the size of the home. Clearly a large home is necessary. Homes in Arizona are quite large, the average being about 2500 square feet with homes up to 6000 or 7000 square feet or larger. Not your average, but not so hard to find.

I have other areas where large artwork can be displayed. I have a 10 foot wide niche for example for an horizontal panorama. I don't have a photo of it now but I'll take one and post it here as well.