• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Apple Stores down worldwide: expect new gear! :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Right now, 5:25 am LA time, all the Apple Stores sites worldwide are down.

It's been noted that the latest OS has references to new Intel chips and Graphic cards. So expect new hardware in the form of an updated Powermac and iMac line!

Post when you find out what's really going on. :)

Asher

It could of course be some bright school kid in Mumbai or London or Jo'burg has succeeded in outsmarting Steves Jobs finest and crashed all their servers!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Mac Pro.
with Nehalem. Frequencies between 2,26 GHz et 2,93 GHz.
Les machines dotées de deux CPU démarrent à 6 Go de RAM que l'on peut étendre à 32 Go.
Video board : Radeon HD 4870.
From 2229€ to 5399€.

slide_procsrams.gif

© Macbidouille.fr

IMAC
- IMAC 20" 2.66 GHz/2Go/320Go/ Geforce 9400M pour 1099€
- IMAC 24" 2.66 GHz/4Go/640Go/ Geforce 9400M pour 1399€
- IMAC 24" 2.93 GHz/4Go/640Go/ Geforce GT120 256 Mo 256 Mo pour 1699 €
- IMAC 24" 3.06 GHz/4Go/1To/ Geforce GT130 512 Mo pour 2099€

All machines have Superdrive and keep Firewire.
Possible option of a Radeon HD4850.

imac.jpg

© Macbidouille.fr

Mac mini
- Mac mini 2 GHz/1Go/120Go Superdrive pour 599€
- Mac mini 2 GHz/2Go/320Go Superdrive pour 799€
macmini.jpg

© Macbidouille.fr

Ken Tanaka

pro member
8-core (dual quad-core 2.6 GHz) Mac Pros?!

Well since I lost the contract to do the North American 5-day weather forecast (to a 16 year old in Jersey with an iMac array) I guess I will be just fine with my (old) 2.66 quad-core.

Seriously, though, who really needs this capacity on their desks...to browse the Web and look at baby photos? I spent my career introducing and integrating information technology to the financial world and I can tell you that some (formerly) very large, (formerly) venerable firms operated some (formerly) very large businesses on processing power more modest than this.

Mike Shimwell

8-core (dual quad-core 2.6 GHz) Mac Pros?!

Well since I lost the contract to do the North American 5-day weather forecast (to a 16 year old in Jersey with an iMac array) I guess I will be just fine with my (old) 2.66 quad-core.

Seriously, though, who really needs this capacity on their desks...to browse the Web and look at baby photos? I spent my career introducing and integrating information technology to the financial world and I can tell you that some (formerly) very large, (formerly) venerable firms operated some (formerly) very large businesses on processing power more modest than this.

True Ken, but they weren't shooting video of their babies with a 5D, or covering children's sports at 3.9fps and 21 Mps. They were just running multi billion dollar financial businesses:)

Perhaps the real question is would they now be 'formerly' if they had had the new 8 core Macs, in much the same way as would the pictures be better?