• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Farmer's Market"!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm really envious of people who come from countries where farmer's markets are a real thing. We have a tendency to get really bureaucratic and follow every possible food and healthy regulation to the last dot. This has driven our food market almost entirely to the large grocery chains. So, finding a real farmer's market in Finland requires a lot of effort.

Enough whining. Very nice pictures, everyone. You probably understand why I'm not going to contribute much to this thread...

We too have strict laws, Jarmo.

Essentially. They want honesty. The produce must be grown by that farm and if they say it's pesticide free, that better be the truth. However, there is a lot of trust and I don't see inspectors demanding exactly which field in the farm some crop was grown or taking away samples for lab analysis. But perhaps this is done on a random basis and we don't notice!

Well, I was going to say, come to Los Angeles, but onltvin Setubal will you also get a genuine fish and seafood market that will explode your mind!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Natural products are hard to produce. Bugs come from everywhere... even from from governments !

In our small garden we have some tomatoes which, I guarantee you, are pesticides free except from those coming in the water supply and from the air. Something unavoidable, whereever you are in the World.
And let's not talk about the fish, aquaculture and polluted oceans...

Bellow, Oman fish market. At the left the antipathic guide with glasses on his head

i-3xPrqxH-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

Natural products are hard to produce. Bugs come from everywhere... even from from governments !

In our small garden we have some tomatoes which, I guarantee you, are pesticides free except from those coming in the water supply and from the air. Something unavoidable, whereever you are in the World.
And let's not talk about the fish, aquaculture and polluted oceans...

Bellow, Oman fish market. At the left the antipathic guide with glasses on his head

i-3xPrqxH-XL.jpg

Antonio,

I like the picture, especially the man on the floor with a large ledger book!

Now go to the man with glasses on the lower left. What makes him "antipathetic". We don't see enough of him to know that for ourselves. What is the story?

Asher

Asher Kelman

India, a couple of years ago...

i-zGCz98p-XL.jpg

Antonio,

Good morning!

What a good way to wake up in the morning and see a fresh picture that pops off the page!

The lady is elegant and her abundant produce is splendid and inviting. I have not, as yet, detected what the piles of color are, (flowers, vegetables or spices), but right now, I like these elements working with the upright posture of the woman.

......O.K., Antonio, I expanded the image on my iPhone and now see the sharp details of the flower petals and it is even more attractive! I will enjoy it on my full screen.

Asher

Asher Kelman

When were you in Oman? That is a wonderful thing you have done! I am thrilled as I know you must have more pictures!

Asher