• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Would that work?

Jerome Marot

The Oktoberfest in Munich is running again, one of the biggest fancy fairs in Europe. A few years ago, I took some photographs before it opened early in the morning and I was quite impressed by the contrast between the emptiness and the somewhat artificial fanciness of the place. Yet, for various reasons, the results were not satisfying and I am struggling to find a way to express these feelings.

I went back this week end, and I tried to take a few photographs and process them. Yet, I am not quite sure if this is a good idea, so I would like your opinion. Thank you in advance.

6159993500_5838a7cace_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The Oktoberfest in Munich is running again, one of the biggest fancy fairs in Europe. A few years ago, I took some photographs before it opened early in the morning and I was quite impressed by the contrast between the emptiness and the somewhat artificial fanciness of the place. Yet, for various reasons, the results were not satisfying and I am struggling to find a way to express these feelings.

6159993500_5838a7cace_b.jpg

Jerome Marot: Early morning: Fanciness of the Place

Oktoberfest, Munich

Jerome

This first picture has an amazing effect on me. I feel giddy as if I'm trying to focus from a boat moving on waves, through a mist to some place I cannot fathom to be real or not.

What on earth did you do in processing? What lens, medium and workflow got this mirage-image?

Asher

Jerome Marot

This first picture has an amazing effect on me. I feel giddy as if I'm trying to focus from a boat moving on waves, through a mist to some place I cannot fathom to be real or not.

Really? You like it?

What on earth did you do in processing? What lens, medium and workflow got this mirage-image?

It is quite simple processing, actually. I will tell, but maybe in a few days so that other people have a chance to comment without concentrating on the processing, but rather on whether the processing fits the subject. Is that ok with you?