• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Momo

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher,

Wow, Meow, Jim!!! I've never had a day like this with not just one, not merely two but 3 cats! That's some record here.
You realize that you've asked for this, don't you? lol!

This is Momo, my daughter's young ragdoll cat.

k13528.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
OMG, Cem! Good thing it's a new day, so the record of 3 cat pictures in one day, never seen before here, is unbroken, LOL!

But the cat is a wonder and so beautiful. Who looks after her with your daughter in college or is she working now. Has she discovered yet that you are suddenly pretty smart. My kids did the minute they had to pay for their own car insurance!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
So cute!
And yes, as Asher did point out, 3 cats in a day is amazing!

BTW for the cat (and other hairy personnages) shooters, you may try my sharpening action I did it with some good help from Bart.
This was set especially to enhance wood veneer, but it works great on any fine and detailed structures…
When actioned, it comes as a layer so you can lessen opacity or burn some parts (it really depends of the kind of pre sharpen you've done before)…

Enjoy!

Download

Cem, this has nothing to do especially with your shot which is not blurred!
As specified, it is BTW because Asher asked me for longtime to provide this action ; )

Robert Watcher

Here is a borrrrringly long video I made a few years ago, describing my preferred way of sharpening for greatest impact for web - - - using a 3 step method in Photoshop. It could probably be written, in a single paragraph, but this is already online at Youtube:

Screenshot-2015-06-18-10.03.04.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0NsNjNXjq4&list=PL54DB7DCCE3DC5EEB&index=7

Just another alternative to what Nicolas has posted above.

Nowadays I'm using Lightroom for 98% of my processing and so I am (lazy) content with just using the built in sharpening on Export. But if I have an image that I really want to get looking right, I open in Photoshop and go through the steps in the video.