• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Greetings

Nathan Goss

G'Day All,

I'd like to introduce myself to you all. I came across this great forum via a link in another great forum - Digital Darkrooms (http://www.digi-darkroom.com).

I don't have much of a history in photography. Many years ago I used to enjoy using my father's Minolta SLR, but only used point and shoot digital cameras until I got my hands on a Canon 10D for a day, to "assist" a friend with a wedding. WOW! It was wonderful! Since then I kept a close eye on the Digital SLR scene and a few months ago purchased a new Canon 30D with a few lenses.

To say that this camera has brought extreme enjoyment is a big understatement! I absolutely love it!

As I've said, I have no photography background, and am completely self taught - except for quite a few great tips and technique ideas from the web. I haven't yet worked out what my favourite style is, but I have had quite a bit of success (I think) from portrait work. You be the judge.

I look forward to your help and constructive criticism to help me become a better photographer. Hopefully, I can contribute to and learn from this community, and I hope you enjoy my work from time to time.

Cheers,

Nathan

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Nathan,

We're so glad to welcome you! We are dedicated to professional photography and the highest standards of photography by all photographers.

You will see a whole spectrum of work. In general, post your very best pictures. We are a friendly community, however we are seriosuly interested in getting to excellent images technically and in beauty and importance.

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755

Try to post your images and share!

Asher