• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: An important lesson....

fahim mohammed

' If you're already applying an antiperspirant twice a day and washing your armpits regularly, the next best way to stop underarm odor is to shave your armpits — with less hair, smelly bacteria won't have as much room to grow. You can also try applying baking soda to your armpits every morning to help reduce sweating and odors. Make sure to avoid eating foods that can cause bad body odor, like garlic, onions, fish, and hot peppers. ' From wikiHow.

p2785754065-6.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The other option, Fahim, is simply to recognize and accept that all folk do smell to some extent, and the closer they are the more detectable the odors.

That is the problem with Donald Trump and Robert Murller and the FBI. The closer they get, the worse the stink!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Fahim
Love the photo of the Tattoo. I just got one a week ago with my two sons. Mine is the Japanese symbol for Dragon...that's what my name means in Japanese! A great experience!

Asher Kelman

' If you're already applying an antiperspirant twice a day and washing your armpits regularly, the next best way to stop underarm odor is to shave your armpits — with less hair, smelly bacteria won't have as much room to grow. You can also try applying baking soda to your armpits every morning to help reduce sweating and odors. Make sure to avoid eating foods that can cause bad body odor, like garlic, onions, fish, and hot peppers. ' From wikiHow.

p2785754065-6.jpg

Fahim and Charlotte,

I appreciate very much decoration of the skin. That allows expression to be according to the feel of the moment. Its fun and allows one to flaunt some fantasy.

However, I personally adore folk as they are without alteration to god-given skin by any kind of permanent change not required for health or really needed cosmetic imperative.

So I support surgeries required for cleft lip but shudder at the idea of a Jew, Arab or Iranian having surgeons transform an ethnically recognizable curve, or wider native West African nose to become Roman or French. I also decry the rite of passage breast enhancement of young women. Gwyneth Paltrow, with, (self-admitted), flat "fried egg"-sized breasts, achieved international stardom without Hollywood silicon!

In India, especially, the use of Henna, a tradition going all the way back 300,000 years to the earlier man, is used for beautiful but temporary skin decoration.

Why not have temporary tattoos. As a child, I flinched as the site of cattle, in cowboy movies, being burnt with a red hot iron to brand the cattle. I know it was used for slaves too. but the sight of numbers on the arms of concentration camp survivors, horrified me.

I see good reason for drug users to cover their track lines. Tattoos are also used marks od street gang membership and works for cohesion when the members are in jail.

But the popularity of tattooing in the general public escapes me. The changes are permanent and the artwork often common and trivial, really not elevating the person, except making them "belong" to a set of the population that is similarly marked.

The skin decoration that IS the most lively are the several bold strokes of color for soccer fans I have seen in world matches in Munich. That was really celebratory and fabulous. It showed a sense of joy and pride and there are no consequences the next day!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Fahim
Love the photo of the Tattoo. I just got one a week ago with my two sons. Mine is the Japanese symbol for Dragon...that's what my name means in Japanese! A great experience!

This single small tattoo I would forgive as it is minor and has important meaning. It belongs to the owner and can be shown or hidden. Still, I prefer marks be temporary, but yours is elegant and discrete!

....and who, BTW, can argue with a full grown female dragon?

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Thanks...ya know it had to be small and discrete ... and fully grown female dragons are full of fire and you are still so funny!
C-

Peter Dexter

Good information from wikihow but that woman might just smell sweetly because the bacteria are scared off by her tatoo.

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

It was a right of passage for me and as an artist I appreciate the art without labels. Many people do not like Tat's and that is fine. Call it " on my bucket list" Perhaps you will be relieved then .

C-

Asher Kelman

Asher

It was a right of passage for me and as an artist I appreciate the art without labels. Many people do not like Tat's and that is fine. Call it " on my bucket list" Perhaps you will be relieved then .

C-

I have no big issue with discretion. I pray for it, LOL! It’s the gross mundane huge tats that seem hardly worth stealing all that beautiful real estate. Smaller is better in this case, as if someone is interested they will ask or just have a quick look!

The small tat assumes that one can get permission to see it. Much more personable and socially apt!

For select new friends one could add, “From your eyes, I piqued your interest! It so happens, I’ve several more, but covered!”

Asher

Tattoos used to be so controversial but since many years have become quite popular and so many people have them. I know people that have them, some of them have many, sprawling across their chest and arms. It doesn't bother me and some of them are done so well that they are quite beautiful. Personally, I don't have any or want any because I'm worried I may not like it in years to come. So I go without. You are way braver than me!
My brother has a small one like you, Charlotte, but has placed it where his watch band goes so if he doesn't want to show it for some reason, he just puts his watch on.