• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

On a very cold but sunny day...

Dr Klaus Schmitt

39773154214_f7057c900a_o.jpg

39587712995_0abc27f48f_o.jpg

39587710935_1438bc1bd2_o.jpg

39587715385_4186ed1930_o.jpg

39773153804_c318e712f8_o.jpg

(with Meyer Primotar 135mm @f3.5 = open)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Beautiful!

But how does it compare for sharpness with that 105mm projection lens you just shared and does this have an aperture?

Or how does it compare with a Meyer-Optik Görlitz Orestor 2.8 135, which should have the same bubbles?

Or a Pentax screw mount 135mm?

Or are these all so different?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

These are all different lenses; the Primotar is unique, as it is an overcorrected Cooke triplett, hence thos eprominent bubbles with sharp fine ring around them. Stopping down lets them go away..

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are all different lenses; the Primotar is unique, as it is an overcorrected Cooke triplett, hence thos eprominent bubbles with sharp fine ring around them. Stopping down lets them go away..

Those tight ringed bubbles help to unite disparate subjects in a series, as if they are all shot on a related background.

We can't, of course, change the background in these situations, but using such a lens wide open give the different pictures a commonality!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Very pretty. I think the top one is the most successful and parents a big enlargement to hang on yours or someones wall.

Ah, these are a great reminder that spring is just around the corner. We still have lots of snow here; too much, some would say.

I agree with Peter, that the first one is just gorgeous and my favorite. Very pretty!

:)
Maggie