• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Basic Photoshop shortcuts and tips, video

Richard Peters

Hi all, I just made my latest video...this time showing how to use some basic keyboard shortcuts in Photoshop, along with a couple of other little tips. It's got some pretty basic stuff in it but things that are quite handy to know, and that was the intention for this video.

You can view the video here.

Check it out, you may learn something you never knew :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Richard,

This is so concise and helpful. At first, shortcuts seem just more fussy details to commit to memory. However, just a simple thing like the square brackets, [ and ] to change the size of a brush make the job of editing a picture so more fluid since one can constantly vary brush side and therefore obscure one's trail.

I admit that I was reminded of a few useful pointers, myself. Thanks for taking the time to do this. The major advantage of your hints package is that it's very brief.

Asher

Phil Marion

Nice video - sadly I am a terrible typist. I cannot type without looking at the keyboard. Even useful keyboard short cuts like the bracket kets save me no time. It is still faster for me to use the mouse to vary the size.
I've tried, yes I have tried. i'll give a few of these shortcuts another go but - well let's not be defeatist beforehand, right.
I really need Adobe to come up with a few USB footpedals to be customisable for shortcuts.
Off topic - I haven't used it recently, due to space limitations on my desk, but I found some of the Intuous pad shortcuts to be rather useful.