• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Toronto

Clive Barber

Hi
My name is Clive Barber and I live in Toronto. I have been one of those guys lurking in the background in many of the popular photography forums for several years but never posted on a regular basis.

I've been a professional photographer in Toronto since about 1981. I started off in the studio shooting 4x5 and 8x10 and mostly for advertising. At first I loved the controlled environment the studio offered. As the years went by, studio work lost its luster and I focused on location work. Most of my work at that time was industrial and advertising.

In the early 90's an advertising agency asked me to photograph a golf course. Since then, I have specialized in golf course photography while still doing the odd advertising/industrial shoot. I love being outside, capturing images that inspire me and in turn make my clients happy.

I have always been a medium format and large format photographer. I sold my Hasselblads and Fuji GX680 system 4-5 years ago when I went digital. Presently I am shooting with the 1DsII but fully intend to move back to MF in a couple of months. I haven’t decided which way to go but am very interested in the HY6 or back to Hasselblad, such as, the HD3.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Clive,

You are so welcome here! I'm going to turn round, refill my glass (good red wine) and toast you from Los Angeles.

Happy to have someone at the border of choosing a new camera. It's generally a learning experience for us all. The Hy6 is an important potential platform for all the back MFRS. However, we have to wait at least 3-4 months to see that it gets to the market. I'm pretty confident it will since so many companies and products can benefit from this.

If you have a busy shooting schedule needing a MF system an HD3 i s ready for you today, all integrated with lens corrections built in from the outset! As much as people criticise Hasselblad for being exclusive, they are way ahead on integration.

There are plenty of less costly options right now, including used backs, last years models and for example, very low monthly payments for Phase One backs.

So welcome and we look forward to your posts,

Asher

P.S. 4x5, MF or 35 photographs There's still is an interest in film. If you can dig some special ones up, that would be great!