• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Framing and Matting Prints

I live in a rural area where options are small for framing and matting supplies excludinig e-commerce.
Anyway, today at the local art store I got the opportunity to decorate a local shopping locale with prints (not quite a gallery show, but a show nonetheless) and I am in a quandry. I can get decent (uncalibrated but reasonable off a Fuji Frontier) prints up to 12x18 locally and larger calibrated prints locally too. But frames and mats are an issue and I am seeking guidance for online sources at a reasonable cost as I would rather not have to come up with thousands of dollars to do a showing with prints ranging from 4x6 matted large to 16x24-20x30 without mats. Looking at the space there is room for at least 3 16x24's ( ~$200 USD after tax), 5-8 12x18's, 3-12 8x10's or 8x12's, and space for smaller prints. And some smaller prints could be upgraded to 11x14's. I should note all measures are inches for those using superior linear measurement methods. ;o)

In short, I am seeking online resources for reasonable quality reasonably priced frames and mats.

thanks,

Sean

Erik DeBill

I've been happy with Documounts for matting supplies. They seem to have a good quality assurance process - they regularly include discards that they made while producing my order, and the "good" matts are always up to spec.

I've not tried them for the frames themselves.