• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

World Cup!

Ruben Alfu

Anyone following the World Cup? What a game today! Uruguay beats Korea and advances to quarters, 2 scores by Luis Suarez (our Dutch friends at OPF must know him well).
USA with good chances to advance as well today!

StuartRae

Hi Ruben,

It's the first world cup since I retired, so I upgraded to HD and settled back to watch the footy. Amazing quality, but it doesn't improve the football.
I've seen bits of all the games; a few have been good but the majority have been ordinary.

Damn horns!!

Best of luck to the USA this evening. Play well.

England v Germany tomorrow. I've got an awful sense of deja vu.

Regards,

Stuart

Clayton Lofgren

What I have noticed is the quality of the close up head shots on TV. Seems we are near the point that good portraits can be pulled out of video.

Ruben Alfu

Hi Ruben,

It's the first world cup since I retired, so I upgraded to HD and settled back to watch the footy. Amazing quality, but it doesn't improve the football.
I've seen bits of all the games; a few have been good but the majority have been ordinary.

Damn horns!!

Best of luck to the USA this evening. Play well.

England v Germany tomorrow. I've got an awful sense of deja vu.

Very cool Stuart! I've had to watch most games in a crappy 27" :-(

England-Germany is gonna be though, for what I've seen so far, a give a slight advantage to Germany, but would love to see England winning.

First half time of USA - Ghana is over. I'm feeling a deja vu too LOL!

What I have noticed is the quality of the close up head shots on TV. Seems we are near the point that good portraits can be pulled out of video.

Hi Clayton,

Good idea.

I remember winning a prize, an exhibition with the other winning photos, and my own image mounted on aluminium after the exhibition. The shooting was done in a darkened livingroom with a 35mm camera (1/15th sec to avoid screen trace artifacts) in front of the tube and my family watching as I held the air-bulb remote release for the decisive moments.

I have to try capturing some screen capture stills from the HD video stream, should be much easier and higher quality.

Cheers,
Bart

USA out of the WC 2010 competition

I have to try capturing some screen capture stills from the HD video stream, should be much easier and higher quality.

Once you have a possibility to access the video stream, it's easy to make a screen capture.

Here's the result (reduced size down from 1920x1080):
WC2010_USA-lost.jpg

Cheers,
Bart

Well, the Soccer World Cup 2010 games are coming to an end, and if it were up to the audience so would psychic Paul who again correctly predicted the outcome, a German defeat against Spain ...

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/294392

Paul, should he survive, apparently will do another prediction about the finalists later today, Spain (the favorite) against the underdog the Netherlands (after 32 years the Dutch team qualified for another world cup final, at last).

Cheers,
Bart

Clayton Lofgren

I am not an authority, but it seems to me that on a per capita basis, no country has produced the number of superstars that Holland has. In that sense, they are champions, regardless of what happens in the final.

The verdict is already in, a couple of days before the actual match.

Paul has spoken, Germany will win over Uruguay in Saturday's match for third and fourth place, and Spain will win the 2010 FIFA World Cup championship from the Netherlands on Sunday, Juli 11th.

So now the Dutch team will have to beat both Paul and the Spanish team. Thank goodness we have the backing of parakeet Mani, so not all is lost yet ;-)

Cheers,
Bart