• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Tree Mincer

StuartRae

Yesterday the chap across the road had a large tree pruned. Here's the shredder in action.

50D, 17-55 f/2.8 @ 55mm, f5.6, 1/640, ISO 200.

IMG_0183-03.jpg

Regards,

Stuart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yesterday the chap across the road had a large tree pruned. Here's the shredder in action.

50D, 17-55 f/2.8 @ 55mm, f5.6, 1/640, ISO 200.

IMG_0183-03.jpg

Regards,

Stuart

Soylent_green.jpg

This, Stuart, reminds of the great film Soylent Green where riots were controlled this way. The actual grinding up was done in the factory.

Recycling has a great future!

Asher

StuartRae

Hi Asher,

Yes, I remember the film, and also read the book on which it was based.
Rather extreme recycling, but maybe not much different from the Blood, Fish and Bone fertilizer we used back in the fifties. (Can you still get it? If you can I bet it doesn't smell as bad!). I remember it was very good for tomatoes. Personally I'd quite like to help produce the perfect vegetable. Just imagine - a whisky flavoured tomato.

The recycling involved in my image is more PC however.

Regards,

Stuart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher,

Yes, I remember the film, and also read the book on which it was based.
Rather extreme recycling, but maybe not much different from the Blood, Fish and Bone fertilizer we used back in the fifties. (Can you still get it? If you can I bet it doesn't smell as bad!). I remember it was very good for tomatoes. Personally I'd quite like to help produce the perfect vegetable. Just imagine - a whisky flavoured tomato.

The recycling involved in my image is more PC however.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart,

Imagine they recycled the slaughter house skeletal scraps for making animal feed!

Everyone should have to learn about basic biology, ecology, evolution, sustainability and ethics to get a business license that makes food fertilizer or threatens or controls public health. In the USA school make t compulsory to learn about things like "Women's Studies" or "Black History", but unfortunately, saving the planet, knowing about the carbon cycle, the fragility of ecosystems isn't necessary, LOL!

The ground-up sheep used to feed cows was one of the most immoral recycling ever. They have no defenses built up against that mode of infection transmission of infectious agents and mad cow disease was spread from the sheep prion disease to cattle! The nervous system material in the ground up sheep bones etc brought the infection to the cows and then scraping the meat off bones go that to man!

Asher