• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: Dog on a leash!

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Here we go!

Will_Thompson_C_2010_012K1789.jpg

EF 14mm f2.8L Prime 1/60 f22 ISO 800 1DsMKIII​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is one powerful hound! He's taking on the entire rising sun! Of course he could be barking at the setting sun for disappearing! The dog is a remarkably powerful energized point in the composition with the taught leash setting up a line for which all the shadows respond en masse to.

An effective arrangement!

Asher

Joachim Bolte

Hi Will,

I'm not sure what to think of it. In my opinion it lacks a clear subject, and the picture doesn't 'speak' to me by itself. First association I had was with the movie 'Terminator 2 - Judgement day', where a truck is chasing a motorcycle through a canal like this... I doubt that this is your intention.

Could you tell us what your meaning with this picture was?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Will,

I'm not sure what to think of it. In my opinion it lacks a clear subject, and the picture doesn't 'speak' to me by itself. First association I had was with the movie 'Terminator 2 - Judgement day', where a truck is chasing a motorcycle through a canal like this... I doubt that this is your intention.

Could you tell us what your meaning with this picture was?

Joey,

Will has fun. If someone gets some insight then he's happy to know about it. He's not trying to provide a lesson to humanity like Kant or Satre! Will just has a miraculous Canon 14mm L lens and this seems to be a great and honest subject for trying out such a lens; a fun tiny dog package and a scene of long shadows.

Asher