• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Los Angeles Area Photographers and Cinematographers Call!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am in need of assistance for the shooting of a modern American Opera that has 6 sculpture locations as stages in a giant warehouse. After a great amount of work by a dedicated crew production staff, actors, jugglers, entertainers and singers, the opera has opened. I'm filming the making of this opera, Crescent city, as well as a dramatic version that could hopefully stand alone as a film.

I'm using and need more of multiple cameras as a lot goes on at once in different sections. Hidden portions are live video-projected on screens but for this project, I need the luxury of multiple angles as the singers are not answering to the camera but to the staging of the opera.

So if you feel you can handle a digital camera and have a steady hand, then please offer to help and I'll explain what it entails. Essentially, we need closely framed steady shots, just tracking the main folk in the story so that it can be edited and still see faces and continuity. Of course, if you can actually handle a professional video camera, then you are especially welcome but we can use anyone who is reliable and can work quietly and focus on just one part of the entire project. I can use folk this Sunday but mostly it's for next thurs to sunday from 7pm to 10:30 pm.

All help appreciated. email at Editor.opfATmac.com

Of course replace the AT with @

Thanks in advance, :)

Asher

Mark Hampton

Asher,
wish I was over your side of the puddle. I think this will be such a interesting project.

Hope more people join in.

Good luck.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher,
wish I was over your side of the puddle. I think this will be such a interesting project.

Hope more people join in.

Good luck.
If I could afford it, I'd fly you over, LOL! Then I'd ask for Romain Claris as he's so talented and experienced.

Asher