• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Notes from the camera

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Some images I take provoke thoughts unrelated to content, subject matter or even photography. Over the past months I've been docu,meeting those thoughts along with the photograph in another place.
Some of you might find my notes from the camera of some interest.
I guess it's linked to my basic philosophy of photography; how inexplicably linked it is to the rest of my existence.maybe it's a way of 'speaking' I can't do when I run out of words.

You can find Notes from the Camera at: http://notesfromthecamera.blogspot.com.au/

Tom,
I went to see your website when you posted this and bookmarked because it looked interesting, but then Sunday I was gone pretty much all day so I didn't get to really take a look before last evening.

Well, thank you sir. I started reading and it is wonderful. Not only is it well-written, although you claim otherwise, there is a lot of thought-provoking statements and so many, in my opinion, great photos.

I know little of you except for what I read here, and sometimes you are very funny and other times you are very cynical and others still both cynical and funny. As I read your blog, I find a different man. You don't seem to be contemptuous (maybe I've not read far enough :-D ) but instead a man who has a great passion for photography who uses it to express himself. I saw your images and thought to myself; this is not a man that doesn't give a damn but one who truly cares. I saw images that shared your world that's a half-globe away from mine. Some of such stunning beauty, my reaction was quite visceral and I would take a deep breath and just bathe in the sight. When I look at your photos, I see what is precious to you, what has meaning to you; a little doorway into the man you are. I now, expect you to say I'm full of baloney and don't know what I'm talking about, but that's okay. I'm happy I found your blog; I will continue to read it and hope others here will follow the link and find out what an enchanting man you truly are.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Tom,
I went to see your website when you posted this and bookmarked because it looked interesting, but then Sunday I was gone pretty much all day so I didn't get to really take a look before last evening.

Well, thank you sir. I started reading and it is wonderful. Not only is it well-written, although you claim otherwise, there is a lot of thought-provoking statements and so many, in my opinion, great photos.

I know little of you except for what I read here, and sometimes you are very funny and other times you are very cynical and others still both cynical and funny. As I read your blog, I find a different man. You don't seem to be contemptuous (maybe I've not read far enough :-D ) but instead a man who has a great passion for photography who uses it to express himself. I saw your images and thought to myself; this is not a man that doesn't give a damn but one who truly cares. I saw images that shared your world that's a half-globe away from mine. Some of such stunning beauty, my reaction was quite visceral and I would take a deep breath and just bathe in the sight. When I look at your photos, I see what is precious to you, what has meaning to you; a little doorway into the man you are. I now, expect you to say I'm full of baloney and don't know what I'm talking about, but that's okay. I'm happy I found your blog; I will continue to read it and hope others here will follow the link and find out what an enchanting man you truly are.

Bugger! My secret is out. Please don't tell anyone, Maggie. My reputation must remain intact. My persona of a grumpy old man with a crushing, sarcastic nature and 'couldn't care less' attitude hides my true personality; that of a grumpy old man with bad gas and even worse manners. The pen lies. I have no control over it. Same with my camera. Both do as they will without my interference or intervention. All my life I have fought to find the 'real me' but my camera and pen will not allow that. I live with this burden.
Excuse me. My alter ego calls.
Cheers
Tom