• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Anyone photographing the Perseid meteor showers tonight?

Robert Watcher

I was hoping to get out into the dark countryside tonight (early morning l hear) and see what I can see. As it stands now though - in South Western Ontario, the sky is pretty cloudy and chances of rainy conditions. So I'm not counting on much. Have to wait and see.

Just hunting around, I found this web article that may be of some use for how to photograph the shower - http://www.realclearwx.com/m1.htm
Kinda wishing I still had my Nikon and Sigma 10-20 lens for a 15mm wide angle view - - - but I don't and will have to just see what I can get with a 24 to 28 mm equivalent.

Rob