• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I wonder if the sensor is self-cleaning...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This Pann-Starrs telescope is likely to be one of the most cost effective search for knowledge in modern science. We have so much existing data, these studies finding great detail and sequential changes will impact so many branches of science without rockets and astronauts.

Asher

Ruben Alfu

"can photograph an area of the sky as large as 36 full Moons in a single exposure"

Now, I'd like to know the size of that flash!

Doug Kerr

Carla and I were near this site in April, 2009, as part of our 10th wedding anniversary cruise to Hawai'i.

We actually were at the Haleakalā volcano crater, but "Science City" was just a few hundred yards further up the mountain.

Hawaii_F07600R.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Space Surveillance System at "Science City", Haleakalā, Maui, Hawai'i.

Best regards,

Doug