• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Online Photo Sites and Styles of Processing

After some years of browsing some of the popular - or more correctly, self-proclaimed prestigious - online photography sites, I've notice a tendency to gravitate toward specific processing styles. For example, one specializes in very warm and saturated images, while another has a lot of edge burning. The results are often quite effective, but more often than not, they're surreal.

Has anyone else noticed this odd photo sharing site weltanschauung, or is it just me?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
After some years of browsing some of the popular - or more correctly, self-proclaimed prestigious - online photography sites, I've notice a tendency to gravitate toward specific processing styles. For example, one specializes in very warm and saturated images, while another has a lot of edge burning. The results are often quite effective, but more often than not, they're surreal.

Has anyone else noticed this odd photo sharing site weltanschauung, or is it just me?
Tom,

It wouldn't be surprising for the groups members to praise a certain esthetic and so that becomes more valued and standards get set towards that. No difference for racism or liking fashion, thinking Georg Bush was either "dumb" or "smart" or whether or not Americans really landed on the moon. So we are never entirely secure in our world view of things. Imagine a giant plastic bag of water is a lens and where people press it changes where it focuses.

Everyone having the same math is at least a comfort!

I had not noticed the fashions in other websites but I can imagine some places where HDR is valued more or less than here.

Asher