• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Anti-Fashion Theme

I wish to suggest that those wishing to do a shoot related to Fashion, try exploring a story called "Anti-Fashion".

Take all of the rules that have been heavily embedded in to your perception of what Fashion is today or what you think it represents and break down those notions and do something that goes totally counter to those perceptions.

Anti Fashion can be many things, so the only limitation is your fear of exploration or how daring you are in approaching creative challenges.

Just remember, that an Anti Fashion Team are just as capable of doing a very strong conventional Fashion theme.

PS..That was a hint.

Let's set the deadline for August 31st...

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antbody Home?
Hi Ben,

This is the most difficult time as it's the peak of vacation travel. I myself am trying to deliver pictures to meet deadlines and prepare to visit an August workshop with Michelle Magdalena and Kim Weston, here. A lot of folk have such goings on. So allow more time. It's a great Idea to have a challenge theme. Let's make it for September so give folk time. Meanwhile maybe you be first? That would set a flag, a marker to reference and hopefully blow away, Huh!

Asher

Hi Ben,

This is the most difficult time as it's the peak of vacation travel. I myself am trying to deliver pictures to meet deadlines and prepare to visit an August workshop with Michelle Magdalena and Kim Weston, here. A lot of folk have such goings on. So allow more time. It's a great Idea to have a challenge theme. Let's make it for September so give folk time. Meanwhile maybe you be first? That would set a flag, a marker to reference and hopefully blow away, Huh!

Asher

OK, let's make it October 1st...

Would love to see what entries come in.

OK?

Thanks
Ben

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Ben,

Interesting challenge. I'll do my best since the postponed deadline is now doable for me ;-)

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

Ben,

Post the images here so the page looks pretty! Pictures, pictures, pictures!

URL of picture

insert between

Voila!

Asher

Ben,

Post the images here so the page looks pretty! Pictures, pictures, pictures!

URL of picture

insert between

Voila!

Asher

Pardon my ignorance, but do I put the actual image from my desktop between the IMG as indicated or the link?

Sorry
Thanks
Ben

I'll try it now...Just did it and the images do not come up Asher??? I put the URL between

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
From the Pbase help (http://www.pbase.com/help/direct_linking&id=465&search=create+link)

How do I get the direct linking URL?
To get the direct linking URL for an image, view the image and add .jpg or size.jpg to the end of the URL.

This works just like linking to an image page but append .jpg to the end of the URL.
example: www.pbase.com/image/image number.jpg
example: www.pbase.com/image/image number/size.jpg

Note: to direct link to a .gif, use the .jpg extension also. It will still send the gif file.

You can also easily get the direct linking URL by viewing the edit image page and looking in the top right corner of the page, where the URL for linking to the medium size of the image is given.

In short, when you see the image you want to post in OPF (or any other places), just copy the URL (as you did) but add the .jpg extention at the end of that url. Between the
tags.

Or, as I have already explained to you, paste the URL+.jpg after clicking on the
insertimage.gif
icon

Thank you.

Asher Kelman

Posting photographs as in a gallery makes the web page alive and helps links!

Pardon my ignorance, but do I put the actual image from my desktop between the IMG as indicated or the link?

Sorry
Thanks
Ben

I'll try it now...Just did it and the images do not come up Asher??? I put the URL between

Ben,

So lets take your first URL

http://www.pbase.com/benjikan/image/78962950

and add on .jpg

[http]http://www.pbase.com/benjikan/image/78962950.jpg[/url]

now place it between

http://www.pbase.com/benjikan/image/78962950.jpg[/IMG [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="1"]first to show you[/SIZE][/COLOR]]

and so we get:

[IMG]http://www.pbase.com/benjikan/image/78962950.jpg

That is very good and far better than hoping folk will click through to actually see the image. So I call this the second way. The 3rd way of showing an image is to set it out as if in a gallery, placed in a nice surrounding and in an important position with no cramping, no dark frames or distractions. A title always helps. Use a light gray for that. There is, of course, no requirement for centering, (it's not needed if the picture is very large) and there is no absolute requirement for a title or your name, but it's respectful. So here's the 3rd way: White space, centered, Name and titled.

So, select the image ands title and click on the 5th icon from the left in the editing bar for centering:

78962950.jpg

Benjamin Kanarek Un-Fashion Untitled One

Now you do it for both images with the titles you have chosen.

That way, people can immediately enjoy your photography and then will be more likely than before to get engaged in your message! They will be interested and hopefuly read more and click through to your blog or other websites. Then it's a "Win, win!" experience for OPF readers, me and you! Nothing matches a great picture in enticing people to react to what we say unless it's how to get a mate or a free lens.

Asher

Ken Tanaka

pro member
This image, and the others in your gallery, are cute but they're not "anti-fashion", or even "un-fashion", in any literal sense of the language. "Anti-" denotes contrarian. For example, someone throwing a bucket animal blood or red paint onto someone wearing a fur coat. Your images simply illustrate incongruity.

Consider re-titling this invitation to something more like "Incongruous Fashion" or even more simply "Over-Dressed".

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Ah, I see better now Ben. This isn't really a "challenge" thread at all. It's just a personal showcase for some of your themed fashion photography. That's fine. But the mods should re-title it and move it to the glam snappers section.

Cem_Usakligil

....Take all of the rules that have been heavily embedded in to your perception of what Fashion is today or what you think it represents and break down those notions and do something that goes totally counter to those perceptions.

Anti Fashion can be many things, so the only limitation is your fear of exploration or how daring you are in approaching creative challenges...
Hi Ben,

Based on your initial description of anti fashion and the challenge, this is what I have got to show since I've promised earlier.

antifashion1.jpg

This image, and the others in your gallery, are cute but they're not "anti-fashion", or even "un-fashion", in any literal sense of the language. "Anti-" denotes contrarian. For example, someone throwing a bucket animal blood or red paint onto someone wearing a fur coat. Your images simply illustrate incongruity.

Consider re-titling this invitation to something more like "Incongruous Fashion" or even more simply "Over-Dressed".
Hi Ken,

On hindsight of seeing where Ben is headed at, I couldn't agree more. He is simply talking about fashion, nothing anti here. I have seen many of these kind of shots on fashion tv or the likes of ....'s next top model programs where the models are smeared with blood/mud, are turned into zombies, made up like punks, etc. It is all about the fashion in the end.

Ah, I see better now Ben. This isn't really a "challenge" thread at all. It's just a personal showcase for some of your themed fashion photography. That's fine. But the mods should re-title it and move it to the glam snappers section.
Yep, once more I have to agree. But I am reluctant to move the thread as yet, I'll leave that decision to Asher.

Disillusioned yours,

Hi Ben,

Based on your initial description of anti fashion and the challenge, this is what I have got to show since I've promised earlier.

antifashion1.jpg

Hi Ken,

On hindsight of seeing where Ben is headed at, I couldn't agree more. He is simply talking about fashion, nothing anti here. I have seen many of these kind of shots on fashion tv or the likes of ....'s next top model programs where the models are smeared with blood/mud, are turned into zombies, made up like punks, etc. It is all about the fashion in the end.

Yep, once more I have to agree. But I am reluctant to move the thread as yet, I'll leave that decision to Asher.

Disillusioned yours,

Yes..This IS DEFINITELY ANTI-FASHION!!! I love it

charlie chipman

Would it not be a "challenge" if you and/or anyone else were to follow Cem's lead and post what you consider anti-fashion as opposed to trying to get this thread renamed and moved to a different section?

I just wished to show some images that may be considered anti-fashion. What can anti fashion mean. It can be a backlash the likes of Terry Richardson. It might be a parody like the Devil Wears Prada or it might just be a satire. It may be a very poignant self analysis of your own self and how you feel juxtaposed against a back drop of excess surrounding us. Just remember that what ever you do, it will represent your interpretation of the theme and what ever that is, is good.

An interpretation, is how you see or understand a certain notion. Don't be afraid of being right or wrong when dealing with a theme. It will come across no matter how you wish to approach the topic.

I really don't like the word "Challenge". Just like I can no longer stand the word "Issue or Issues". It has been so over used you might as well say "F--K". I think problem is so much more honest direct and appropriate. I avoid the word issue and challenge when ever I can and only use it when I believe it is deemed necessary.

So let's not call this a "Challenge". Let us call it an emotional, intellectual and creative exercise.

Thanks
Benji :)