• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Apple Aperture 2 .... and now Aperture 3

John_Nevill

For all those Mac users who have migrated to LR, it seems as though Apple are back on track and looking to go head to head with the launch of Aperture 2.

Over 100+ new features, for more info take a look here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jami Boucher

Aperture 3 By Apple

Hello. Has anyone used the Aperture 3 software by Apple? I am looking for new software and this one seems really good.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Have you tried it?

Jim,

We're now up to Apple Aperture 3 and they just issued an upgrade to fix some bugs. I have not used it because I use software which has worked for me, mostly PS 7.0 on one computer and CS4 on another and could do anything I wanted. Nicolas Claris and others led me to Capture One which although I purchased several years back, never used!

Now I realize that was a huge mistake. Capture One 3 offers great improvement in processing pictures, especially of people over photoshop. So I believe we should at least try these other programs and after all they are free to use for a month usually.

I'd love to here from Aperture users and learn their experience.

I am convinced now that not looking at alternatives to Photoshop and of course Lightroom can be depriving oneself of major tools that not only might give a result that one like better, but also can save time.

In this category I'd ass SilkyPix and Nik's Vivieza plugin for image adjustment in both PS and Aperture.

Asher

Jami Boucher

Hello.

I guess that I amlooking for an easy to use software program. Aperture looks like it is user friendly with a great outcome. I have LR but I am not a huge fan of it.

Anil Mungal

Your best bet is to download the trial version and try it yourself to see if you find it easy to use and suits your needs.

I use Aperture 3 for my work. I use it to:
- organize my assignments in folders and projects
- tag images with keywords for easy searches
- quickly edit, compare, select, tag, adjust exposure, colour balance, crop etc
- export to various formats and sizes for printing or post-processing in Photoshop
- easily create web galleries for clients
- archive to offline storage

J. R. Weems

Hello. Has anyone used the Aperture 3 software by Apple? I am looking for new software and this one seems really good.

Yes, I upgraded a couple weeks ago. Never could catch on to LR, but Aperture seems to be it for me. Capture NX2 does NOT work with Snow Leopard, Here I am with AP3, happy as a clam. :)

doing some work with low light, before sunrise.

standard.jpg