• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Lightroom 3: Tethered Shooting, Noise removal, videos and more!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Adobe claims some hundreds of thousands of folk downloaded their beta version of Lightroom 3. It's said to be rewritten and certainly sounds like a winner.

With cataloging, ability to correct noise and now lens distortions, this 64 BIT program is maturing into a must have tool. If just the tethering functions work as suggested, then it's worth a place in your software tool set.

Adobe's noise removal example is impressive!

lightroom-100608-1.jpg

For more read the entire article here.

I am most interested in tethered shooting. This would allow me to work on images during a shoot so that I'd know whether or not sufficient images have been taken of the quality and character needed. Moreover, I could even process images once a section had been adequately covered or during a break. This essentially releases time for other use!

modal.jpg

Yes, that large button on the right is the shutter! I'm happy to see my 5D Mark II is covered. BTW, there's a nice feature in setting up white balance during tethered shooting.

"Scott Kelby showed off last week in his Lightroom Killer Tips class. when you shoot your first image, put a white balance card in the image. When it shows up in the Library, switch over the the Develop module and then grab the white balance eyedropper in the Basic panel and click on the white balance card in the image. Now before you shoot your next image, click the Develop Settings drop-down on the Camera Control bar and select Same as Previous. Now every time you take a picture, the white balance will be automatically adjusted to the previously adjusted white balance settings. Just make sure that you re-adjust your white balance if your lighting changes." source

Especially nice are the tutorials here on Adobe TV

In this series, Julieanne Kost takes you through in-depth tutorials to learn about the new features, workflows and enhancements that are included with the release of Lightroom 3.

and high quality plugins. There's a good selection of choices from Nik software with the remarkable Viveza tool, a suite of plugins from Topaz labs Virtus Fluid Mask, AutoFX and Mogrify. Source.

Last edited: