Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Breaking News

Breaking News Updates, innovations, equipment: moderated!

Old November 25th, 2015, 09:05 AM

Default Travel Alert

A world wide travel alert has been imposed. What does this mean that we are supposed to be on the look out for terrorists ? There is a better chance that you will kill yourself than being killed by someone else, so does this mean that we are supposed to be careful when traveling?
Old November 25th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lemon View Post
A world wide travel alert has been imposed. What does this mean that we are supposed to be on the look out for terrorists ? There is a better chance that you will kill yourself than being killed by someone else, so does this mean that we are supposed to be careful when traveling?
"Be careful".
Like, you wouldn't be normally?
And how is one "more careful"?
Maybe it means "more aware"
Treat everyone with suspicion, especially those with a swarthy complexion caring an AK 47 or wired.
Keep away from concerts, hotels, cafes, schools, hospitals, marathons, sporting events, shopping malls.
Wear a flack vest, carry a copy of the Koran and learn to play dead.
Keep off trains, planes and buses.

Oh, one more thing. When in Italy, avoid crossing roads, especially at a pedestrian crossing.
Those Italian drivers are terrorists in their own right.
Old November 27th, 2015, 08:13 PM

For me it is being even more aware of what is going on around me and maybe not taking that one photo. I live in Las Vegas and as a pho-tog that combs the streets on my days off I am very leery of the streets right now. Yet I go out when I can in search of the perfect photo, just like I fought fires. Since I have worked for many years in the bad sections of Las Vegas I have learned to trust my instincts and my gut (that is from my firefighting days). I have one rule if it does not feel right I get the hell out of dodge. Even in the United States.
Old November 27th, 2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom dinning View Post
"Be careful".

Oh, one more thing. When in Italy, avoid crossing roads, especially at a pedestrian crossing.
Those Italian drivers are terrorists in their own right.
That is true about Las Vegas too the max. All drivers are Terrorists here.