Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF GALLERY ONE at the Photo Contemporary Art Fair 2015

OPF GALLERY ONE at the Photo Contemporary Art Fair 2015 You will find here the contributions, text and images from the hosted photographers by opf GALLERY ONE at the Photo Contemporary Art Fair 2015. This is an online gallery, so no comments are allowed herein… Enjoy!

Old April 22nd, 2015, 02:36 PM
Administrator/Moderator

Default Nicolas Claris - Bangladesh! series

The aim of Watever is to assist those who live on the stark shores of oceans and rivers, devoid of arable land and bereft of other resources. Watever attacks these deficiencies though of*low technology and locally exploitable «Floating Solutions».
Marc Van Peteghem

BANGLADESH!
When we proposed our collaboration to Marc Van Peteghem we had no special knowledge of Bangladesh. We wanted to approach the subject without moaning nor voyeurism, but show the beauty and pride of the Bengalis and their country - «Try to get close, bring our vision, from earthlings to earthlings»!»
Our aim was not to describe, once more the program of Watever or explain the need for us to be in Bangladesh, as the people’s plight, calls us!
We just felt the need to bring to our our society the reality of the need and the value of Watever self-embedding within the communities that can benefit from sustainable approaches to local resource development. With the sale of prints and film, we can help folk contribute to Watever to continue their selfless*and effective work.*

Our «BANGLADESH!» exhibit uses the essences of both photography and video. Reinforced thus, we can, perhaps, re-experience emotions of the individual Bangladeshis, suddenly released from dependence and despair. If you can feel such joy we’ve done our job!
If your fall in love with a print, you can help sustain these good deeds.

Romain and Nicolas Claris, April 2013
A fully contributory work, all benefits go to the Watever NGO.
www.watever.org

The creation of these images was made thanks to the support of Pentax Ricoh.
These photographs were performed with Pentax lens and 645D medium format cameras.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 03:08 PM
Administrator/Moderator

20’’ x 24’’ - 50 x 66 cm -25 orignal prints
All Giclée on Hanhnemühle ultra smooth bright 305g. 100% cotton self-adhesive on Dibond & mat neutral pH protection varnish (Epson Digigraphie)

Last edited by Nicolas Claris; April 23rd, 2015 at 07:03 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 03:08 PM
Administrator/Moderator

All Giclée on Hanhnemühle ultra smooth bright 305g. 100% cotton self-adhesive on Dibond & mat neutral pH protection varnish (Epson Digigraphie)

Last edited by Nicolas Claris; April 23rd, 2015 at 07:03 AM.
Old December 1st, 2016, 11:40 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

I commend this series to all of you. They have been exhibited in some of the finest galleries in Europe and in an international art fair in Los Angeles too. Nicholas is one of the most experienced and sought after international fine art color photographers. He specialized in nautical, architectural commercial photography for very high end industrial giants and private estates. In addition, BTW, his more private, imaginative abstract work is getting attention from a growing cadre of collectors.

20’’ x 24’’ - 50 x 66 cm -25 orignal printsGiclée on Hanhnemühle ultra smooth bright 305g.
100% cotton self-adhesive on Dibond & mat neutral pH protection varnish (Epson Digigraphie)

I have this, the 4th picture above, proudly hanging in my hall where we greet guests. When you buy a picture, you are 100% supporting folk to be independent and safe and giving not only hope but an actually certain brighter future. Mounted on a firm archival board or aluminum or plexiglass, these pictures command attention and are always the subject of conversation when we have guests.

So at the very least, explore the Watever website in English, here.

I do not know of a more noble thing than to help another fish and feed his family! When you have visited and watched Romain Claris' video, add your comments below.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old July 24th, 2017, 11:02 PM

The images are really so beautifully among which some of them are unique which I came across for the first time. Nice shots!
Old July 24th, 2017, 11:10 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris View Post

We are so distant from farming, the elements and the sea. In Bangladesh, the seafaring coastal people's depend on the sea for food and a livelihood. Nicolas and his equally talented son Romain have documented this traditional lifestyle and struggle.

I commend all to find all his work on Bangladesh and the "Watever" project.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.