Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself How about you talk about you...

Old November 26th, 2016, 02:33 PM

Default pictures

Lately I have been adding quite few pictures to my Abandoned America site.......The adds on plus the time working on it can be immense............ Can everyone on here take a look at some of the NEWER pictures on it by hitting the site once, that way i can have the luxury of knowing at least peopel are browsing it. This helps. http://www.patdwyer.weebly.com

If possible mouse click all pictures..Also post some reviews, lately no one has posted any reviews in weeks..................
Old December 28th, 2016, 08:13 PM

Old January 24th, 2017, 08:06 AM

not very impressed by all the red gel filters.
some nice old houses
Old January 24th, 2017, 08:31 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody White View Post
not very impressed by all the red gel filters.
some nice old houses
Cody,

I think I can defend the red color!

The idea of using filters here, I believe is to create a different way of viewing the world. To my mind, at least, an artist has to satisfy their own need to export personal ideas to the real world. At a minimium the resulting object must satisfy its creator.

Such personal art then has to compete with attention to the rest of us and that doesn't happen a lot of the time. Still, this very individual process is important. It takes a long time for such work to jump the gap and become magnetic. There are a lot of ideas to process and the works have to feed back to the photographer and guide rethinking and reformulating concepts and modes of execution.

This individual process is like the early attempts to fly with attached wings. The potential cannot be denied and admired. At least that is my own view.

These pictures are very different than simply clicking thrvshutter of an automatic camera with all the settings pre decided by technicians in Japan!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 24th, 2017, 04:52 PM

I looked and certainly the exaggerated (often pleasantly) color details is the hook. I think there are many on the site that would be of more interest than the one posted above.