• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Things rarely reported

fahim mohammed

From the ' Arab News '.

Polish Child flown to KSA for medical treatment ( free of charge, of course ).

"Initial medical reports said the child’s condition requires complicated heart surgery and specialized medical care.
A KAMC official said that the infant underwent preliminary examinations and following it, a two-phase treatment plan has been prescribed. The first phase will be heart surgery in the course of this week. Then, after two to four weeks in the ICU, the child will be prepared for the second and last phase.
Arab News learned that the child has been receiving medical treatment since birth.
The 12-18 hour surgery has been planned by a medical team led by cardiac surgery consultant Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Khalidi who specializes in such complex surgeries, supported by Dr. Omar Al-Tamimi, a consultant pediatric cardiologist and Dr. Mohammed Al-Islam, consultant anesthetist.
Speaking to Arab News, Polish Ambassador Witold Smidowski thanked the king for his humanitarian gesture. “I am also thankful to Prince Miteb bin Abdullah for his kind cooperation and interest in the matter,” he said.
The envoy recalled that this is not the first time the Kingdom has come forward to help Poland in providing free medical treatment. A set of conjoined twins from Warsaw was separated in the past, courtesy Saudi Arabia."

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
From the ' Arab News '.

Polish Child flown to KSA for medical treatment ( free of charge, of course ).

"Initial medical reports said the child’s condition requires complicated heart surgery and specialized medical care.
A KAMC official said that the infant underwent preliminary examinations and following it, a two-phase treatment plan has been prescribed. The first phase will be heart surgery in the course of this week. Then, after two to four weeks in the ICU, the child will be prepared for the second and last phase.
Arab News learned that the child has been receiving medical treatment since birth.
The 12-18 hour surgery has been planned by a medical team led by cardiac surgery consultant Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Khalidi who specializes in such complex surgeries, supported by Dr. Omar Al-Tamimi, a consultant pediatric cardiologist and Dr. Mohammed Al-Islam, consultant anesthetist.
Speaking to Arab News, Polish Ambassador Witold Smidowski thanked the king for his humanitarian gesture. “I am also thankful to Prince Miteb bin Abdullah for his kind cooperation and interest in the matter,” he said.
The envoy recalled that this is not the first time the Kingdom has come forward to help Poland in providing free medical treatment. A set of conjoined twins from Warsaw was separated in the past, courtesy Saudi Arabia."

Fahim,

I'm not surprised by the outreach of the hospital. After all the folk are well trained, have all the latest skills and equipment and one just has to be open to opportunity for doing such good deeds.

You're right about such news being rarely reported. Except for a note here and there on an inside page of a magazine, events like this don''t draw in advertisements. What sells are our failures or extravagant promises.

I'm am so proud of folk who are caring for those ware less fortunate. This reflects the values which must be at the core of our way of life or we mean nothing.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Polish infant recovers after complicated heart surgery

RIYADH: A group of doctors at the King Abdulaziz Medical City (KAMC) here successfully performed surgery on a Polish infant on Tuesday, following a directive of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman.
One-year-old Jakub, accompanied by his father Tadeusz Przystki, was flown into the Kingdom on Friday. He had a genetic disorder in his heart and has been receiving medical treatment since birth.
Jakub is the third child in the family, and the other two are in Warsaw with their mother.
Initial medical reports said the child’s condition requires complicated heart surgery and specialized medical care.
The surgery, which started at 7 a.m. and lasted for 14 hours, was performed by a team led by cardiac surgery consultant Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Khalidi, who specializes in such complex surgeries. He was supported by Dr. Omar Al-Tamimi, a consultant pediatric cardiologist, and Dr. Mohammed Al-Islam, consultant anesthetist.
The infant is currently in the pediatric intensive care unit of the KAMC.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great News.

Credit to the doctors, hospital and government.

I have seen this in all hospitals I have worked at. Many doctors go to underserved countries to work for free. Some are attached to religious orders. But most that I know have no religious connection, just the training as a physician an the appreciation of their learning and skills is a gift to be shared.

When this happens, we know the best values of our profession and society are being served. something to be proud of!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, apologies for the belated response.

The child and the father returned home safely, after a slightly prolonged period of post surgical care.

fahim mohammed

From the newspaper...

A few years back..

p2034962621-4.jpg

Recently...

p1938787508-3.jpg

Visit to schedule further surgical intervention. This time with the team of reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgeons.

Apologies for the image quality..it is photographed from a local newspaper.