• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Laughs: Street Signs, Notices and Billboards with satire, irony, humor and attitude!

Doug Kerr

When the road authorities in Swansea, Wales, needed to put up a new sign regarding traffic restrictions, the sent the English text by e-mail to an office that does official translations into Welsh for notices and such, asking for the appropriate translation into Welsh.

They promptly got an e-mail in reply, and passed the contents on to the sign makers. This is the result:

_45162744_-2.jpg

Unfortunately, the lower panel reads (in English), "I am not in the office at the moment. Please send any work to be translated."

Woof!

Best regards,

Doug

Funny!

Could be a thread on funny signs. As a diver I just had to stop at this sign in the west of France

img1165tu6.jpg

No diving water in the neigbourhood though ..

Martin