• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Help brainstorming a project

My four year old nephew has a wonderful imagination and his current favorite activity is drawing treasure maps and then following them on imaginary treasure hunts. His Auntie Coween (sic) would like to send him a photo treasure map that would stimulate his imagination and teach him something at the same time. I toyed with the idea of taking some pictures of Austin landmarks, but I'm completely swamped at work right now and can't really afford an afternoon off to do it.

To give you an idea of what he comes up with, on our last treasure hunt we went over the water in a boat, through the tunnel, past the pyramids, swam across some more water, ran past the lions, and climbed the stairs, and found the treasure (a big imaginary pile of chocolate candy in the dining room). He drew a very detailed map with paths in different colors and symbols at different locations we went past.

I'm sort of stuck creatively right now because of the long hours, so I thought I'd ask the largest group of creative people I know of for a few ideas :) Maybe the map should be a little more abstract than putting actual places on it - I'm also kicking around the idea of spots on the map like "the shady forest" and we could talk about some sort of plant/bug/animal that lives there. Anyhow no idea is too crazy, he's exceptionally bright and has already been exposed to quite a bit of art and travel.

-Colleen