• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Good Fortune...

fahim mohammed

May it follow you and yours in the coming year and the coming years.

p550393254.jpg

Today ( dec/26 ) is the 9th day of the Islamic New Year. Moslems fast on the 9th and 10th of this month
to thank Allah for having delivered Moses and his people from the tyranny of the oppressors.

May all of you enjoy food and drink in good health and happiness. I would be remiss not to remind myself
and you not to forget those of mankind that are less fortunate than us. We might have different beliefs
but I am convinced that all humans share certain basic values amongst which is helping those that
are in need.

Let us make a difference for the good that we all believe in.

Allah Bless you all.

John Angulat

pro member
Thank you

... We might have different beliefs
but I am convinced that all humans share certain basic values amongst which is helping those that are in need.

Hello Fahim,
So true, so true.
Thank you for reminding me of my obligation to help those less fortunate than I.
This comes not only from faith and it's teachings, but also from what makes me a better human being.
We are truly blessed, those here at OPF.
We may not realize it but we own cameras, computers and have unfettered access to the internet.
We have the ability to shoot without fear of reprisal or imprisonment.
We possess what others can only dream of.
We need to be always thankful for that, and so much more.
Peace,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
May it follow you and yours in the coming year and the coming years. Today ( dec/26 ) is the 9th day of the Islamic New Year. Moslems fast on the 9th and 10th of this month to thank Allah for having delivered Moses and his people from the tyranny of the oppressors.

To think one Roman Emperor who left no philosophical guidance of worth, moved the West away from the lunar calendar. Lunar months are much easier to follow. After all, one can look in the sky to figure out the date! It's good that you share with us the Muslim feast and festivals. I wish you and your lovely family the kindest sentiments and health. More so I wish peace in your neighborhood.

p550393254.jpg

This picture is especially interesting. I imagine we are on a plateau staring at the edge of the universe. It has references to a star filled sky that Christians, doubtless could justify claiming as their own. It has a hint of a fine dress and choice in glass reflecting a taste for refined living. The black and white contrast, in so many ways might reflect the two side of light and darkness that's always there in life. Happiness, sadness, justice and denial of justice, fairness and then the absence of equity and worth.

May all of you enjoy food and drink in good health and happiness. I would be remiss not to remind myself and you not to forget those of mankind that are less fortunate than us. We might have different beliefs but I am convinced that all humans share certain basic values amongst which is helping those that are in need.

Let us make a difference for the good that we all believe in.

Allah Bless you all.

I especially appreciate your sentiments. I do believe that we are blessed and that photography while fun, a tool for earning a living or making art can also be a way of looking at ourselves and how we serve each other. I hope you will continue to try to document folk, especially those who are in the shadows. You did that in your memorable work in Tibet. I challenge you to do it in places near you too. Somehow, that will make all of us in OPF us a little less arrogant about our own position in the universe.

Asher

fahim mohammed

John, thank you for your kind words. Indeed we are blessed and we should ever be grateful for that.

Best wishes.

... We might have different beliefs
but I am convinced that all humans share certain basic values amongst which is helping those that are in need.

Hello Fahim,
So true, so true.
Thank you for reminding me of my obligation to help those less fortunate than I.
This comes not only from faith and it's teachings, but also from what makes me a better human being.
We are truly blessed, those here at OPF.
We may not realize it but we own cameras, computers and have unfettered access to the internet.
We have the ability to shoot without fear of reprisal or imprisonment.
We possess what others can only dream of.
We need to be always thankful for that, and so much more.
Peace,

fahim mohammed

Asher, a deeply thoughtful interpretation of the image. We each in our small way should continue to
do whatever we can to make a difference for the good., however insignificant it might be.

Sometimes, I wonder who shall shed a tear when I die, besides my family and friends. Any strangers?
Did I make a difference to even one life? If not then my being here was all for nothing.

Regards and sincere wishes to you and yours.