• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Alternative Process: NASA constructs HDR video from 6 cameras and 20,000 exposures

Hi folks,

I came across this webpage which demonstrates the use of HDR for technical analysis:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/shuttle_station/features/sts-134_launch_photo-video.html

Because it was not intended for a more artistic rendering of the scene, a black and white recording was sufficient,
and it didn't have to look 'pretty'. I took 6 of the frames on their page, and used SNS-HDR to see how close I could
come in producing a nicer looking HDR tonemapping result based on the JPEG samples.

NASA_STS-134-SNSHDR(6).jpg

I hope I've succeeded, but would have loved to have color images as a source material to work on.

Cheers,
Bart

Amazing!
That's clearly for my husband who likes to watch the nasa youtube channel and even watch hours-long videos of launches (no voice over, just the sound of the shuttle)

I'm amazed by the level of details in the exhausting smoke and the scaffolding behind...