• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dance photography

Ruben Alfu

I was searching the web for info about event photo techniques and came across this site which I thought could be worth to share, mostly for those like me with little to none experience in this area.

The site belongs to Peter Norvig, a scientist currently working as Director of Research for Google (who according to his resume was a ballet dancer too, and is obviously an experimented photographer as well!). What I find most valuable is how the author presents the subject following a well thought out process that integrates useful technical and artistic considerations.

Here's the link, I hope some may find it valuable too:

http://norvig.com/dance-photography.html#1

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ruben,

As it started off, I thought this is simplistic and then I read more and was drawn in. As he progresses, his expertise is clearly shown and his level of knowledge and understanding is so helpful to be shared in such a progressively logical way from the most simple to the professional level one would aspire to achieve.

An excellent read and reference for all photography involving movement. This can be used for all sports and communal settings where the lighting is challenging and there's movement.

Good job!

Asher