• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

examination

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wolfgang,

I have not seen better pictures of folk looking at gallery Art. You have done so well. Kudos. I think you were so lucky and smart to have discovered this angle and be able to get such a composition.

As to the laws, at least here in the USA, none of your work would be open to attack! What actually are the legal barriers in Europe to showing your entire series in OPF when, anyway it's on your gallery?

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher

there is some agitation especially in Germany or Austria because of privacy of photos of persons taken in public and then published on the net.

But I show you the whole series here, hope you appreciate them!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks so much for sharing this fabulous set. These enhance each other when they are shown together like this. I myself like to observe the folk reacting to an exhibition. Sometimes I ask people to pose next to a picture, integrating them into a composition to take advantage of features in common.

I hope you share more of your work.

I'm thrilled!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Wolfgang,

Hi Asher

there is some agitation especially in Germany or Austria because of privacy of photos of persons taken in public and then published on the net.

But I show you the whole series here, hope you appreciate them!

Those are all fabulous! It is hard for me to know which one I like the best.

Best regards,

Doug

[/QUOTE]

I love them, esp. the second slice of faces, very unusual. Black and white really helps put the focus on the subjects rather than the art, and you've processed it perfectly. Graphic, but not overdone. 2 thumbs up!

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

I'm so pleased to read you positiv annotations to this set of pictures.
It is the first I did on a closed set on location, invited and motivated by this great place, Museum Unterlinden at Colmar, Alsace (France).
The two famous architects Herzog & de Meuron of Switzerland did a wonder of renovation and enlargement of an old and respected point of interest in the middle of the heart of this old little town.
Whenever you think to go in this geographic direction, go and visit this building!

The startingpoint for my "point of view" of was somehow set here:
http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20417

Doug Kerr

Hi, Wolfgang,

Hi Asher

A good friend of mine, German, the daughter of one of my best friends (himself now deceased), said to me perhaps 20 years ago:

"There are none so German as the Austrians".

Best regards,

Doug

Wolfgang Plattner

*lol* ... bad bad boy ... *lol*
and here in Vorarlberg (the western part of Austria) they say:
... laws are made in Vienna and executed in Vorarlberg ...