• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Manual focusing on ropes

Antonio Correia

I have bought a couple of days ago, a 75mm lens f/1.8 from Olympus.
I have tried this lens before when in the US a couple of years ago and was very well impressed by the quality of it's results. The lens is a second hand but is in mint conditions. Olympus charges for the lens wood as it is not included in the box. A shame for such a price.
The lens is rather old and it doesn't show the manual focus clutch mechanism from PRO lenses... It was launched at the end of 2012, I think. They are probably designing a new 75...

When one receives a new lens the temptation is great. And here I went to the morning rain for some shots. Late afternoon, as it was not raining Luisa and myself we went to the harbour for a walk.

A pile of nets covered with a plastic called my attention and here is a shot of it with very narrow DoF (@ f1/1.4) with manual focusing. Yellow focus stacking ON !

Morning shot - The drop
i-DSBPp7q-X2.jpg
Afternoon shot - The rope
i-5BTVKFx-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You already know I like the first picture! I was taken away to the rain and that tower. Made me happy!

The rope makes me jealous as I would want to do so much with it. The moss on it is so unusual as a patina.

I can imagine you with your archtecturally trained mind shaping it and then photographing it against the sky as if it was modern art!

Unless it was definitely part of something significant that would be damaged, I would take this home with me, even from Portugal inmmy suitcase back to the USA.

The rope is like a natural recording of the time and weather for many years!

Ashet

Antonio Correia

Thank you Doug ! :)
Yellow is the colour I have chosen for the Focus Peaking.
The photo shows it in red.
I set it to be activated when I turn the focus ring one way or the other. Automatic focusing is also available with this preset.
I am almost sure you have this in your Panasonic...

i-PSmMFrm-L.png

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

Thank you Doug ! :)
Yellow is the colour I have chosen for the Focus Peaking.
Oh, peaking. Now I get it. (You said focus stacking.)

The photo shows it in red.
I set it to be activated when I turn the focus ring one way or the other. Automatic focusing is also available with this preset.
I am almost sure you have this in your Panasonic...

Yes I do (both in the FZ1000 and the ZS100), although I have never used it.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug