• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightroom and card readers

Paul Caldwell

Where can you turn off the feature in Lightroom where it wants to browse every card you insert? It must be buried somewhere in startup, but I haven't been able to locate it.

It can and will crash a system!. Lightroom 1.3 XP 32 bit.

Paul Caldwell

Where can you turn off the feature in Lightroom where it wants to browse every card you insert?

Hi Paul,

I switched it off by doing the following (you'll need administrative rights):
Go to "Start" and select the "Run..." command at the bottom right.
Type "msconfig" (without the quotes), and press enter or click "OK".
Go to the Startup tab of the System Configuration Utility, and uncheck "apdproxy", which is the Adobe Photo Downloader service.
Confirm with OK, and reboot the system.
There may be a warning dialog at startup which you can ignore/accept to avoid getting it each time you start your computer.

You'll have to repeat this each time you update with a newer version of Lightroom.

Bart

John Buxton

Paul,

under edit -> Preferences -> Import, Uncheck Show import dialog when a memory card is detected.

It is persistent across updates.

John

Mike Bailey

pro member
Hi Paul,

Or if you like the do-it-yourself method and are comfortable with registry editing, an entry is put in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run that you can delete and then rename Adproxy.exe in your Lightroom folder if you never use it.

Mike