• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Adobe Lightoom 1.4.1 released

John_Nevill

Adobe finally release Lightroom 1.4.1 with buglets removed.

The software can be downloaded for Mac OS X and Windows machines.

I'd probably wait a while though as the site is getting heavy traffic at the moment.

Nearly forgot to mention that ACR 4.4.1 is available as well. Best to get this via the CS3 updates dialogue.

Jörgen Nyberg

Finally, that took them some time.

But I´ll wait a couple of days, this weekend I´ll give C1 4 a good runthrough.

Thx for the headsup John.

John_Nevill

This weekend I´ll give C1 4 a good runthrough.

Thx for the headsup John.

I'm warming to C1 4 as well, less clutter on the interface, fast enough, good detail extraction, excellent DR and colour.

Not previously been a a C1 3.x user, I find the interface of C1 4 quite intuitive. OK, its missing some features that products like Silkypix have. But even with the expanse of LR, I was tending to round robin into CS3. So having something that just does good raw conversion without the bells and whistles is quite refreshing. Less is more, as they say!

Lets us know your thoughts!

Having used C1 Pro since v.1 on the Mac, I'm pleased that C1 4 continues to provide very fine conversions (for me in conjunction with Magne Nilsen's profiles). So it would be nice if C1 Pro 4 would finally be released. However, for B&W conversions (among other features), Lightroom does have undeniable appeal. And, since it is possible to save files in the DNG format, and then open them in Camera Raw so that they can then be saved as Smart Objects in PS CS3, I would not give Lightroom short-shrift.

I happened to open Lightroom last night about 30 minutes after they released it.

I leaped before I looked. There wouldn't be any blatant bugs in this release would there? ;)

Jörgen Nyberg

"I'm warming to C1 4 as well"

Know you are John, it was your mentioning on eos-images, that made me dl it :)

I´ve tried 3.7 before (Sandisk offer), but found it rather slow and boring, to be blunt. But apparently the Sandisk offer means you can upgrade 2 times (3 activations, as Phaseone calls it), so I decided to give it a go, since you seemed to like it.

My first impressions are positive, its faster and looking more modern, although I would like to have the grey more neutral, think that the dark grey they have now, will be hard on the eyes after a while (nearly spelled it gray;-)).

Will be back with more, once I used it for a while.