• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

LR/Mogrify v1.6

Tim Armes

Hi all,

I've now released version 1.6 of LR/Mogrify. It's available here:

http://timothyarmes.com/lrmogrify.php

This version adds an FTP module to further improve your work flow. You can now also strip the ICC profile from exported images to reduce their size when the destination colourspace is known.

Advanced users will appreciate the ability to add extra paramters to both the beginning and end of the command line.

For those new to LR/Mogrify, this plugin post-processes your exported images using a powerful cross-platform freeware tool (ImageMagick).
Here's an (admittedly convoluted) example of what you can do in one export operation:

-> Output the image from LR as 16bit TIFF
-> Resize the exported image, using one of several advanced filters, to 16MPixels (regardless of aspect ratio - Alamy users take note)
-> Add a simple border
-> Place a graphical watermark over the top right using multiply mode
-> Convert the colourspace to that of your print lab's printer
-> Strip the profile to save space
-> Convert the image to JPEG
-> Send the result to your print lab's FTP server
-> Delete the exported file

Obviously, there are many other possibilities. For those wishing to play with ImageMagick's command line options the possibilities are endless.

I've now reached the end of the list of requests that people have sent me. I'll only be doing bug fixes unless I have any more bright ideas. Users are therefore encouraged to let me know if there are any more features that they'd like adding.

Regards,

Tim