• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Spring Collodion Workshop With Will Dunniway

LIMITED NUMBER OF SPACES !!!
By demand! NEW as of TODAY!!!
March 1-2, 2008, Corona, California - Spring Collodion Workshop •
attachmen...2&d=1202431945

Collodion Photography Cost $350 including lab fee.

The basic wet plate collodion course description: Students will learn the making of ambrotypes (glass direct positives) and tintypes. (Ferrotypes, tin plate direct positives) Students are guided through the process step-by-step from the mixing, pouring, exposing and development of plates poured with wet collodion. The newest edition of the manual, Making the Wet Collodion Plate in 16 Steps manual by Will Dunniway is included along with all materials in the course fee. Students will use a period 1860 field camera with 1860-70 lenses. Workshop features 2 days of intensive hands-on training in the making of ambrotypes, ferrotypes (tintypes), and glass plate negatives. Each student will make and take home a self-portrait/still life tintype/ambrotypes. All materials and equipment provided.

The workshop is not about the historical use of the process. It is about the use of wet plate collodion in a contemporary setting. It just so happens that I am an historical tin-typist with 18 years in the field doing this wet plate process.
I use an original wet plate camera in the sun room so the the exposure is a known constant. This reduces the time that each student needs to learn making and exposing their plates. I do not require anything remotely historical. I will also help you adapt newer 'view' type cameras with wet plate backs. Given this, my equipment is all original by default. This is the only equipment I use. My students have really enjoyed working with this rare camera equipment . The look these old lens give is incredible. In the end you will go away with a working knowledge of the process, not it's historical interpretation.
attachmen...3&d=1202431945

Please call if you have any questions.
P.S. Do not bring your own cameras. This time is for you to learn the process. Your doing it with your own equipment will come later. I can help here too
Directions from LA:
FWY 10 East to FRY15 South. At the FYW 91 interchange with FWY 15 continue South, two exits. Take the Ontario Ave exit. At the exit stop and make a right turn onto Ontario Ave. Go a few blocks to Rimpau Ave. Turn right. The next possible left turn is Birmingham St.. Turn left. Follow the street until it comes to an end at Turnberry Lane. To your left just across the street is the house at 2188 Turnberry Lane. The studio and dark room are in the three car garage part of the house. A rear sun room is where the studio is for image making.
attachmen...2&d=1202431945

Call 817-5113 if lost
http://www.collodion-artist.com/