• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Travelog: Untitled..

fahim mohammed

Untitled, because I can't think of one. Travelog, because it is from our travels. Why lay back cafe?

Because of centered horizon. Because of tilted horizon. Most importantly, I feel like chatting.

p788754144.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Untitled, because I can't think of one. Travelog, because it is from our travels. Why lay back cafe?

Because of centered horizon. Because of tilted horizon. Most importantly, I feel like chatting.

p788754144.jpg

Tilted horizon is no issue for me, Fahim. In fact I'd love to see this with just that but only 0.5 cm of the leafy landscape. That water with the boat and people is already so rich.

Asher

Andrew Stannard

pro member
So where is this image from Fahim? The river looks large and grand - at least by the standards I have to compare it with in the UK!

You can imaging this river becoming less friendly when full of flood water, and no longer a place for such a boat.

Andrew.

fahim mohammed

So where is this image from Fahim? The river looks large and grand - at least by the standards I have to compare it with in the UK!

You can imaging this river becoming less friendly when full of flood water, and no longer a place for such a boat.

Andrew.

Andrew, appreciate you stopping by.

This is a lake in Pokhara, Nepal. At the foothills of the Annapurna range of the Himalayan mountains.

It often overflows during the rainy season and when the waters stream down from the melting snow

up high.

The past few trips we have made, I have noticed significant improvements being made to reduce the

damage that rainfalls can cause in these parts.

Thank you again for looking in.

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Thanks for the detail Fahim. Part of me is glad it is a lake and not a river - no need for me to feel the UK's rivers are so diminutive in comparison (by size, not character!).

I wonder why I automatically assumed it was a river, I never even stopped to consider that it might be a lake. I think it must be that I associate boats with a journey, and also rivers.

Andrew.

fahim mohammed

The lakes and rivers in your part of the world are nothing to sneeze at Andrew.

Summer time, what better way to pack a picnic basket, a blazer, a straw hat, someone you love,

and let the boat drift past Greenwich. Or just moor it on the grass bank, and watch the world go by.

And what better place to adventure than the Lake District ( gets crowded though..the aliens are everywhere!! ).

Your photos, I have looked at below. Need more time to do them justice.

Regards.

p.s The ice cream. Never forget the ice cream.