• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

WTD: The 10,000 hours rule

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Actually, he's right for too many new photographers. I just met a makeup artist who is now into photography. She's already acquired so many fine lenses that to me would be like me buying a a cello, a Steinway and an oboe to and a book on music notation for my self-driven quest to become a musician of worth.

The are really only rare circumstances where one lens can't do everything for the first several years and that special lens can be rented.

Asher

Richard Rives

Only $10,000? We have monthly fees for liability insurance and equipment insurance. Stuff breaks or wears out. I have broken many background stands. I have dropped cameras, cracked lenses. No! I'm not accident proned. Things happen when we use our equipment for a living.

Jerome Marot

Actually, he's right for too many new photographers. I just met a makeup artist who is now into photography. She's already acquired so many fine lenses that to me would be like me buying a a cello, a Steinway and an oboe to and a book on music notation for my self-driven quest to become a musician of worth.

The are really only rare circumstances where one lens can't do everything for the first several years and that special lens can be rented.

Since when was it a sin to have too many fine lenses? Cameras, I would agree, but lenses? Next thing, you are going to complain about painters who use too many colors... ;)

Chris Calohan

I've got a 1946 Steinway baby grand I'll let go for $50K...buy lots of toys! Whoohoo.

But, you'd have to take me in because my wife would divorce me.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
WTD1171.gif

What The Duck: with Permision