• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Abandoned TV.

Robert Watcher

What I find amusing in this shot, is to me - the building on the top right, resembles a computer tower. Old tube monitor and clunker computer tower boneyard. I know. Not where you are going with this shot, I'm sure. Just what struck a chord with me at first look. :)

-------

James Lemon

I really like this! I wonder what ever happened to television repair men not that this could be repaired but it seems we just throw things away now a days and just buy new ones. Nice POV !

Robert Watcher

I really like this! I wonder what ever happened to television repair men not that this could be repaired but it seems we just throw things away now a days and just buy new ones. Nice POV !

There are a million of them here in Nicaragua - - - I'm sure in all other poorer countries as well. A dead breed at home in Canada though.

------

Tom dinning

Registrant*
The owner was watching the Eurovision Song Contest and couldn't find the remote.
I wonder if he threw it from the building in the background.

This shot really got my brain going. Lots of ethical and metaphoric interpretations going through my head. I commend you on your perspective and choice of subject matter. A modern landscape to impress.
Thanks for that, Jerome.

James Lemon

There are a million of them here in Nicaragua - - - I'm sure in all other poorer countries as well. A dead breed at home in Canada though.

------

The majority of us probably don't know what really goes on in the rest of the world. I have never traveled outside of North America. I don't rely much on the news media for accurate info because it is mostly crap. Thanks for the info and good luck with your endeavors!

Tom dinning

Registrant*
The majority of us probably don't know what really goes on in the rest of the world. I have never traveled outside of North America. I don't rely much on the news media for accurate info because it is mostly crap. Thanks for the info and good luck with your endeavors!

How do you know its crap, James, if you haven't been out there smelling it?
Come visit us. Bring your camera and an open mind. Its a beautiful place. Even the shitty bits.
Jerome's photo is as poignant and moving as any canyon or carnival. Take it all in. What a story to tell your grand children.

James Lemon

How do you know its crap, James, if you haven't been out there smelling it?
Come visit us. Bring your camera and an open mind. Its a beautiful place. Even the shitty bits.
Jerome's photo is as poignant and moving as any canyon or carnival. Take it all in. What a story to tell your grand children.

The same way that I know of a place called New York although I have never been their I am sure it exits. Thanks for the invite but I have a dreadful fear of flying, not so much the flying but the crashing part scares me.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
The same way that I know of a place called New York although I have never been their I am sure it exits. Thanks for the invite but I have a dreadful fear of flying, not so much the flying but the crashing part scares me.
My Old Man would say " you don't know it exists until you can smell it"
As for flying, my Old Man never flew anywhere in his entire life. Except to NG where he was shot at while in a DC3. He came home by boat. He would understand your concern.
Nevertheless, if you do fly and crash have your camera ready. It could be somewhere interesting.