• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Outdoors with Laura

Jarmo Juntunen

We have a family tradition. I take the kids for an overnight hike. One at a time, starting at the age of 5. I hope that I can pass to them the great love and respect I have for the nature. It is, also, a great way to spend some time together with just one child. And did I already mention that it is great fun! This year it was Laura's turn. The destination was Pyhä-Häkki National Park in Central Finland.

Laura and one big back back

_img900.jpg

An old tree

_img900.jpg

An old tree, detail

_img900.jpg

Jarmo Juntunen

Seeing the forest for trees

_img900.jpg

Wooden trail

_img900.jpg

Nature's wonders

_img900.jpg

Nature's wonders 2

_img900.jpg

Guess what's for dinner?

_img900.jpg

Thank you for watching!

Antonio Correia

What a great idea Jarmo ! :) :)

I love the first photograph. It's the one I like most.

She didn't forget to take the swan for the hike. I think she shares her bed with him every night...

I also enjoy the detail of the old tree. But that is a different "story" :) :)

Jarmo Juntunen

Antonio and James, thank you so much for your kind comments! Yes, Antonio, even at her young age Laura knows how important it is to choose the right apparel for the occasion. In this case the choise being a big white swan :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wooden trail

This one, Jarmo is my favorite.

It is so important because it provides a notion, "life as a journey" for us to identify with Laura on her exploration of nature.

_img900.jpg

Jarmo Juntunen: Wooden Trail

A well conceived picture with beautiful light and a great explorer everyone must love!

You've made a cover for a wonderful book. "The Journey" A book introducing the love of nature to a child and so the tools to the face everything else that happens.

Look what comes from love!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi Asher, a great idea! Actually, what I've decided to do for the kids is a "first decade in pictures" book. I've done one so far and Laura's turn will be in 4 years. Now I do have a cover!