• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: I Sold A Photo Today By Accident

Rachel Foster

I took this image to my hairdresser to ask her opinion (I'm not at all sure about it) and she bought it. I still don't know if I like it or not but it was a nice feeling that someone wanted to buy it.

namedlily-1.jpg

ISO 100, f/2l8, 1/200, natural light (window).

Mike Shimwell

Excellent Rachel - you may need to start asking more people their opinions:)

I can't see the picture at the moment as I'm at work, but will look later.

Mike

Charlotte Thompson

Rachel

well yes of course she bought it
very very handsome!
is she going to enlarge it
I can see it enlarged greatly and hung
it's very beautiful-awesome girl!

lily?

Charlotte-

I showed it to her in 11 x 14 framed larger (plain black frame, off-white mat).

Thanks, all!

You've learned an important marketing lesson: show what you want to sell.

Congratulations on the sale. You might try making big prints of other examples of your work and showing them around too. They might sell too ;)

Rachel Foster

Jacob Eliana is the business owned and managed by my husband. I give him all copyrights over my work. I just want to take the images...he can do the work!

Thanks.

P.S. Jacob and Eliana are my two children.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Sales is a Sale is a Sale

Congratulations on yours. It's always exciting to hear ca-ching....ch-ching.

Why are we as photographers so wrapped up in the emotions of others liking our work?