• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

James Ravilious documentary

Mike Shimwell

I was pointed at this documentary on James Ravilious, an english photographer who chronicled rural life in Devon bewteen 1972 and the early 1990s. If you have half an hour you may well enjoy this:) I was quite interested that he was originally asked to 'take a few photos' as the way of life was under threat, but the commission (and stipend!) then lasted until 1990. After that time he continued to shoot.

Link

Mike

Cem_Usakligil

I was pointed at this documentary on James Ravilious, an english photographer who chronicled rural life in Devon bewteen 1972 and the early 1990s. If you have half an hour you may well enjoy this:) I was quite interested that he was originally asked to 'take a few photos' as the way of life was under threat, but the commission (and stipend!) then lasted until 1990. After that time he continued to shoot.

Link

Mike
Hi Mike,

I have watched 3/4 of that film about a month ago, I think upon seeing a reference to it at the TOP site but I am not certain. It was interesting but I was short of time so I never finished. Thanks for reminding us again.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's dangerously seductive. I could fall for this as a justifiable diversion but escaped after 20 minutes. I'll return of course, for now I'm enthused and energized.

Thanks Mike for sharing!

Asher